Monday, January 31, 2022
Saturday, January 29, 2022
Thursday, January 27, 2022
NEW FIREARMS LEGISLATION PLANNED FOR NSW.
EDWARDS INQUEST FINDINGS
POSTED ON JANUARY 28, 2022
Based on the gross failures of management, governance, and service at the Firearms Registry, here is what the NSW Police are lining LAFO's up for.
A confidential report was leaked to the SFF by a concerned club official, who was told not to share it with members.
The Shooters Fishers and Farmers were not allowed to see this or get a copy.
This latest attack by Government and the NSW Police intends to hold LAFO's responsible for the failings and poor management of the FAR under former Commissioner Fuller.
No one has been punished for the failures of the FAR, its delays, unprofessionalism and breach of our trust. The FAR needs new management and a staff cleanout.
As they say, never let a tragedy go by without blaming the victims of Regulation.
Let's be clear we are overregulated already. This report outlines, amongst other punitive measures which the Government supports;
- Revoke the use of P650s for testing and unlicensed range use,
- Require all Firearms Clubs to inform the FAR if they have refused a person membership and reasons,
- Introduce a statutory limit on what kind and numbers of firearms can be owned,
- Police to have powers to seize firearms registered to the licence holder following the licence holders death,
- Require a person to provide fingerprints to NSWPF,
- Grant the Commissioner authority to limit licences based on a shooters age,
- Create criteria to limit, control and eliminate Peak Firearms Associations,
- Require the use of online and only online interaction with the FAR; this is designed to strangle shooter and club interaction,
- Criminalise the possession of firearm parts, not actual firearms or parts already defined under the law as "firearms",
- Require a person to pass a probity check before becoming a firearms club executive and refuse approval of a firearms club or to revoke the status of a club, where a club executive fails the probity requirements,
- Create Regulation making power to prescribe eligibility criteria for firearms dealers,
- Create a Regulation-making power to prescribe safe storage requirements for firearms during transit for manufacture or competitions.
Read a copy of the findings here:
Edwards Inquest Finding Part 2
Wednesday, January 26, 2022
Sunday, January 23, 2022
Saturday, January 22, 2022
Thursday, January 20, 2022
Monday, January 17, 2022
Saturday, January 15, 2022
Friday, January 14, 2022
Wednesday, January 12, 2022
Sunday, January 9, 2022
Thursday, January 6, 2022
My New Bow & Arrow Quiver.
Monday, January 3, 2022
Sunday, January 2, 2022
Saturday, January 1, 2022
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)