Saturday, February 11, 2017

Firearms Inspections By Police in your Home. Your Rights. Their Authority.


I don't know about you, but my experience with police officers coming into my house for the purpose of inspecting my firearms & their safe keeping has been a mixed bag. First & foremost the police know very little to nothing at all about any firearms other than service issue. This can be a big problem & it has cost me money & time trying to prove the police wrong & me right!
 Secondly the police come into my house thinking that I am guilty of breaking the law until proven innocent, this is blatantly obvious from their attitude towards me. They check out my house as best they can without going through cupboards & draws just looking for anything that may be used against me. NEVER leave a police officer alone in your house, they must be under observation at all times, & I recommend that you video their visit, especially when they are checking your safe keeping & your firearms. If you do not have a video camera, use a sound recorder. You do not have to hold this device in your hands so it is visible, you can set up the video camera or the recorder in the room where your gun safe is before the police arrive. Simply turn on before admitting them into your house.












No comments:

Post a Comment